Farmland LP is a U.S. real estate fund that acquires conventional farmland and converts it into Organic, sustainably managed farmland. We specialize in enhancing soil fertility and productivity through science-based livestock and crop rotations. We currently own and manage 6750 acres of farmland currently valued at $50 million in the San Francisco Bay Area and Oregon’s Willamette Valley. More than 10% of our acreage is certified Organic and the rest is in transition.
Through our expertise in agriculture, soil biology, real estate, and farm management, we have forged a new model for how farmland is owned and managed. Our model benefits farmers, investors, the environment, and consumers. Our investors benefit from the security of owning farmland while participating in the growth and profitability of local, Organic food markets. Our fund intends to demonstrate that sustainable agriculture at-scale is more profitable today than chemical-dependent commodity agriculture.
Our Business Model:
- Acquire and manage farmland
- Convert conventional farmland into Organic farmland using pastured-livestock and crop rotations
- Consolidate farmland acreage to enhance economies of scale
- Align the interests of investors and farmers by entering into risk-share leases
- Participate in the development of local and regional food systems
- Engage multiple stakeholders to make working lands positive environmental assets